THE FEASIBILITY STUDY HAS SHOWN THAT:
- There is a general need of more test tracks for rail bound traffic in Europe. In addition, there is a need for dynamic tests in winter climate, and also a need to test trains in high
speeds ranging from 250 to 320 km/h.
- There is a European demand of better knowledge, test methods and standards for winter climate.
- The rail track between Jörn and Arvidsjaur in northern Sweden is well suited to meet the needs of the market and to become an international, competitive testing facility for all kinds of train related testing.
- An upgrade of the rail track cannot be compared with the construction of a new railway. A first estimation shows that a funding of 1000 MSEK is required.
- A rough socioeconomic analysis shows that the investment is profitable for the Swedish society.
For more information, see